03 octubre 2018

Spell of Wonders





For no reason
it came to my mind
the holy mouth of my mom
begging to me
'to watch my language'
it wasn't a dream
or not at all
I mean it was totally unreal
like a flash back
in the middle of a very common day
a reasonable and ordinary long day
a gray and rainy business day
I didn't mentioned it but
my mom died several years ago
and she never used to appear to me before
except for that night in Brooking, South Dakota
when she was upset in a dream
where we were both
but the uncanny thing was that
when I woke up she was still in the room
looking at me
the same way she used to scold me
as a child
that scared me a lot
specially because I don't believe in ghosts
or any supernatural phenomena
but the fact was that she was in that corner
levitating a foot and a half off the ground
while I run away and closed the door
and never went back to open it
but until the very day I needed to get my suitcases
'cause I was leaving the town
As I am writing this
I feel that I should agree with you
that it was not a totally logical attitude from my part
but I was afraid.
The first times
I used to look at that closed room
I felt some kind of remorse
it was like if my mother were trapped in there
but then I decided that the woman I saw
just looked like my mother
but probably was a different one
I mean a different ghost
I started to think that it was so strange
that she were there
considering the fact that she died more than 13.000 miles away
but I need to confess that I was confused
and also so tired
I should mention that in those days
I had sold myself as a slave
to teach Spanish at the local College
and in such itself surreal circumstances
my life had turned strange enough
to admit any possibility.
This ocurrance
that living in San Francisco
or Buenos Aires had been considered irrational
there, in the middle of that frozen nowhere land
started to look pretty normal.
But now
after several years of rationalist efforts
and living in the core of a Cartesian neighborhood
it seems not fair
the irruption of the sickly-sweet voice of my mother
asking for an extra dose of respect.
it troubles me indeed
'cause I love profanities
which put spells of wonders
on the mean ass
of the reality.

David Miralles  9 de julio de 2010

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

A bordo de un viejo vapor

A  la memoria de Jorge Torres   Del pasado ascendía como niebla el alma del río   Gunnar  Ekelöf   C on   el p...