03 octubre 2018

Pack of dogs





Sometimes present is infinitely better than future
and this isn't a sentence I borrowed from my grandpa
it comes to me just from memories
present was superior when Rose let me stay the night
in her sofa telling me that next morning
I should find a different place to sleep
she was sorry of course
but she asked me to understand her situation
her fiance was hitting the road  from Owl Creek
a town in North Carolina or maybe Wyoming
I don't remember
and she was expecting him to arrive sometime next morning
I should leave her place as early as possible
also she gently asked me don't use the douche
“he is a jealous man” - she said and closed the door of her bedroom
I still heard she said “Good night” from inside.
She was pretty
and practical
she lost her initial interest in me
when she realized that I can't keep a job for more than a couple of weeks
but she still likes me
but complains that I am not “serious”
and she was right
I am not.
And it was too late to start a change.
I refused to think in the future
it looks ugly from any perspective.
it was January and that night was a snowy one
I took a look through the windows and I just saw a few cars
running to their apparently exact destinies
and suddenly it seemed that all those things  matched too much perfectly
and that made me mad
so at some point that night
I knocked at Rose's door
with no clear purpose
just feeling that unspeakable pain.
And at that very moment
I new that future was running over me
like a pack of ferocious dogs.

David Miralles 1:59:10 AM Saturday, July 10, 2010

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

A bordo de un viejo vapor

A  la memoria de Jorge Torres   Del pasado ascendía como niebla el alma del río   Gunnar  Ekelöf   C on   el p...